Role & Responsibilities:
- Supporting children and their families to gain independence and maximize their participation in meaningful and functional activities of daily living.
- Evaluating a child and their family’s strengths, as well as needs, in critical developmental areas
- Designing interventions to promote healthy development of skills needed for success with daily tasks.
- Assessing, supporting, and providing strategies for the development of self-care skills.
- Assessing, supporting, and providing strategies regarding sensory processing and regulation.
- Providing support and strategies in the development of functional play skills and the promotion of social skills.
- Development of fine motor skills.
- Assessing and developing plans for difficulties related to feeding.
- Providing support and strategies for community participation.
- Carrying appropriate liability insurance as required.
- Work environment: family’s home, community, and/or online
- Graduate degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Registration with ACOT
- Experience working with children on the autism spectrum and/or with other special needs.
- Current criminal records check and child/youth intervention check
- Alberta driver’s license/vehicle